Friday 13 December 2013

Why did you meet me? Chapter-11




 CHAPTER-11

        Ruma's parents were happy as their daughter carved her place in society. Ruma's parents knew that Rajesh and Ruma loved each other and there was nothing wrong in allowing them to get married but as both belonged to different castes, Ruma's parents did not want them to marry each other.
        One day Rajesh went to Ruma's house, Ruma was not in the house, Ruma's parents welcomed Rajesh and thanked him a lot for his good guidance to their daughter and also said that he would be invited in Ruma's marriage.
        Rajesh became completely silent partially due to shock and partially due to disgust and stopped responding Ruma's call.
        One day Ruma met Rajesh in her friend's house accidently and as soon as she saw Rajesh, she embraced him and started kissing him so passionately that he could not stop her. Really, “ one can resist a blow of fist but it is very hard to resist a passionate kiss”, thought Rajesh. When she had loosen her embrace, she asked a volley of questions, like, why did not you meet me in between ? Don't you know, I would die if you were not with me ?
        Rajesh though moved but in order to escape from sentimental talk, he told Ruma, be practical Ruma. Life can not be led only by wishful thinking. Your parents opposed even our nearness, how could they allow us to get married, since we belonged to different castes.                                                                                                                 
        Ruma replied that does not matter, we can be oneby marrying each other.
        Why did not your parents understand this ? Asked Rajesh.
        I know one thing, said Ruma, most important for me is that you make the difference between feeling that I am alone and kowing that I am loved. Seeing Rajesh unconvinced she recited a posey, thus,

        “ I am yours and you are mine
           why should we think about society's line
           to do something, this is time
           God knows that we couple are very fine
           For that supreme power knows
           that we are in love and
           love is not a crime. ”

        Rajesh was moved once again emotionally but being a person of practical disposition, Rajesh told Ruma, look Ruma, marriage is not be all and end all of life. That does not mean I won't marry you, I must marry you when time comes.
        As a matter of fact you are still afraid of your past life, because of which you had been defamed and your parents hate you because of your past love affairs. They think, Rajesh continued, they can not be able to get you married with a boy of your caste.
        Let bygone be bygone, you are not what you were yesterday. Now you are a bureaucrat, boys of your caste will be in queue in front of your house to hold your hand with nuptial knot.
        However, Rajesh made his thought clear by saying that I never look at you as people look at you, for me, character does not lie below the belt.
        As you said love is not a crime, steadfastly adhere to with your that thinking. First of all ask your parents about their plan regarding your marriage. People can not tolerate a girl has a right to choose her husband, it is only parents who decide, said Rajesh.
        Knowing her parents and their paln regarding her marriage, Ruma asked impatiently, that means, we can not marry each other ?
        Don't bother about marriage, Ruma, told Rajesh.
        We believe in spiritual love in which marriage is not necessary. We love each other and will love each other forever, said Rajesh.
        Ruma kept mum for a moment.
        Rajesh became sentimental and asked Ruma, well Ruma, tell me, did not once you write as,

        “ I know our love is a spiritual one ”
        but further I wrote, Ruma made Rajesh remember that
        “ But as being an earthly creature
            Show me
          where is my destiny ? ”
        Rajesh remembered the same and told her, Yes I remember Ruma, your destiny is in service of your nation as bureaucrat. You will be a part of policy making for your nation.
        No, no Rajesh, this is not fair. Had I known after getting a job I would loose you, I would not have got the job ?  Said Ruma.
        Ruma became very sad and asked what should I do now ?   
        Do, Rajesh reiterated, as I told you to do.
        That's right Rajesh, said Ruma, thinking something, I will do what you want me to do but keep in touch with me at least, requested Ruma.
        Rajesh told Ruma that is not possible because if we continue loving each other, your parents will take it otherwise and that I do not want to happen.
        Good bye Ruma, said Rajesh, before departing from her finally and forever.
        Ruma became very sad and her lips shuddered, “ Why did you meet me, Rajesh ”  ?
                                                       to be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment